Oak Brook, Ill. (April 21, 2021) – Life Time, the premier healthy lifestyle brand, is bringing its luxury athletic resort to Oakbrook Center, the second largest, premium open-air shopping center in Chicago. Even through the pandemic, Life Time has continued to open new locations. Life Time Oakbrook, which will bring thousands of members into its spaces and back to this important community hub every day, is the third of six slated for 2021. Featuring more than 198,000-square-feet of health and fitness offerings including group fitness, cycle, yoga, barre and Pilates studios, kids programming and a resort-style rooftop beach club, Life Time is a destination anchor like no other. Following an exclusive, VIP Founding Members weekend, Life Time Oakbrook is now open to all members at 2000 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL 60523.
“The opening of Life Time Oakbrook is a continuation of our vision to change the way consumers use and think about shopping malls,” says Life Time Chairman, CEO and Founder Bahram Akradi. “Oakbrook Center is a pillar of the city, which has a great demographic for Life Time, and together we will bring renewed energy to this important community hub, while serving as a health and wellness destination for individuals and families alike.”
Life Time Oakbrook will be the company’s 11th location in Chicago, offering singles, couples and families an upscale destination with premium finishes that provide a welcoming and relaxing experience where they can wholly focus on health and wellness at a time when it’s never been more important. In combination with the work Brookfield Properties completed, the Life Time Oakbrook project was more than $55 million.
Highlights of the Diamond athletic resort include:
- 166,000-square foot building and 32,000-square-foot rooftop pool deck and bistro area
- Dedicated studios for exclusive group fitness, cycle, yoga and Pilates programming; one-on-one personal training and small group personal training
- More than 400 pieces of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- LT Recovery, a dedicated space for athletic performance and recovery featuring metabolic assessments, nutrition coaching, sports and athletic recovery treatments, and chiropractic and physical therapy care
- Two full-size basketball courts with Ultimate Hoops leagues and skills training
- An indoor and outdoor aquatic center featuring leisure and lap pools and resort-style seating
- A dedicated Kids Academy, featuring tumbling, movement, language and learning classes for three months to 11 years
- LifeCafe, a nutrition-focused, fast-casual cafe featuring a full menu, Meals to Go and grab and go assortments, along with Peet’s coffee, proprietary nutritional supplements and more
- LifeSpa, a full-service salon and spa for hair, body and nails
- Luxurious dressing rooms with whirlpools, saunas, steam rooms, and complimentary towels and lockers, featuring an assortment of Soapbox body products
Life Time Oakbrook opens with the company’s commitment to providing safe and healthy in-club experiences, including the implementation of its more than 500 page enhanced cleaning protocols, developed in partnership with a former state epidemiologist and industrial hygienist. Life Time will employ more than 200 full-time, part-time and seasonal employees at the Oak Brook location. Two additional developments are underway in the state, including One Chicago and Lake Zurich, both of which are slated to open in 2022. Life Time Oakbrook follows the successful opening of Life Time Northbrook in November 2018.
Life Time Oakbrook will be open seven days a week, Monday through Friday from 4 a.m. to 10 p.m., Saturdays and Sundays from 6 a.m. to 9 p.m., at 2000 Oakbrook Center, Oak Brook, IL 60523. A wide range of membership options are available for individuals, couples, and families. For more information, please call 630.203.5400 or visit http://lifetime.life, and follow along on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
About Life Time, Inc.
As a wellness pioneer, Life Time is reshaping the way consumers approach their health by integrating where we move, work, live and play – digitally and physically – all with the primary objective of helping people lead healthy, happy lives. With more than 150 destinations in 41 major markets across the U.S. and Canada, Life Time operates luxury athletic resorts, owns and produces iconic athletic events and is expanding its brand though Life Time Work premium coworking spaces and Life Time Living high-end leased residences. For more information visit lifetime.life.