PHILADELPHIA, June 8, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Life Time®, the nation's only Healthy Way of Life lifestyle company and brand, is marking its third Philadelphia-area opening in 2017 with a 6:00 p.m. preview celebration tonight at Life Time Athletic King of Prussia. Located at 750 East Swedesford Way in Wayne, the new resort-style athletic complex will open for all members on Tuesday, June 13 at 4:00 a.m.
The nearly 200,000-square-foot Life Time Athletic King of Prussia destination features everything members of any age could dream of in the areas of healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment. Highlights of the three-story, 135,000-square-foot building include an indoor aquatic center, two basketball courts, four squash courts with a viewing and bar area and a third-floor Alpha functional and strength training space and outdoor deck area. In addition to the building, the 63,000-square-foot outdoor aquatic oasis features leisure, lap and whirlpools, water slides, an outdoor bistro, lounge seating and full resort experience.
A wide-range of exclusive programming and a personalized approach to health and wellness with assessments and nutrition coaching, found only at Life Time, will help each member of the family achieve their optimal individual sports, health, fitness and personal performance goals. As the ultimate boutique in the area, more than 85 classes will be led by an all-star cast of performers with a variety of formats for every passion and skill level. Life Time's indoor cycle program featuring AMP, EDG and PWR classes will fill the state-of-the-art Cycle Studio, while exclusive Signature Group Fitness, Yoga and Barre classes such as Strike!, TCX, Warrior Sculpt and LifeBarre will occupy two studios, along with small group training programs such as Alpha and TEAM training filling functional training spaces throughout the incredible resort.
"This extraordinary King of Prussia development allows us to deliver an athletic club that is unmatched in the area, providing residents with their very own luxury athletic-meets-health and wellness destination," said Lance Vugteveen, general manager of Life Time Athletic King of Prussia. "With our existing Mount Laurel and newly opened Fort Washington clubs, we're delivering the ultimate experience for members throughout Greater Philadelphia."
Additional highlights of Life Time Athletic include:
- Life Time Kids Academy, a unique membership program designed especially for kids from three months to 11 years, and led by hand-picked, certified experts committed to childhood development.
- LifeCafe, a fast-casual restaurant serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners.
- LifeSpa, offering full-service hair, nail and skin care services and therapeutic massage, open to members and non-members. Non-members receive access to the club and two hours of complimentary access to Life Time Kids Academy.
- Indoor squash area, featuring McWill state-of-the-art courts with seating. US Squash-sanctioned Bronze and Silver junior events will be a part of the programming along with adult leagues, junior and beginner programs and events, all led by Squash pro Kama Khan
- Ultimate Hoops, largest recreational basketball league in the country, will host leagues and games, along with UH Training programs for youth and adults.
- 400 pieces of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment,
- Complimentary towel and locker service.
Life Time Athletic King of Prussia is the company's 127th location in North America, and joins Fort Washington and Mount Laurel in the Greater Philadelphia market. The destination will be open seven days a week from 4:00 a.m. to Midnight. A range of memberships are available for individuals, couples and families. For more information about Life Time Athletic, call 484.254.7000 or visit the website or Facebook.
About Life Time®, Healthy Way of Life
Life Time is a privately held, comprehensive healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment Lifestyle Company that offers a personalized and scientific approach to long-term health and wellness. Through its portfolio of distinctive resort-like destinations, athletic events and corporate health services, the Healthy Way of Life Company helps members achieve their goals everyday with the support of a team of dedicated professionals and an array of proprietary health assessments. As of June 8, 2017 the company operates 127 centers in 27 states and 35 major markets under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information is available at www.lifetimefitness.com.
SOURCE Life Time