GAITHERSBURG, Md., Oct. 20, 2016 /PRNewswire/ -- Advancing its commitment to improve the health of communities, Life Time – The Healthy Way of Life Company announced the opening of its newest destination, Life Time Athletic Gaithersburg, located at 10121 Washingtonian Boulevard. A ribbon cutting and preview celebration is set for October 20 at 6:00 p.m. The club will open for workouts on Friday, October 21 at 4:00 a.m.
Members of the more than 160,000-square-foot Life Time Athletic Gaithersburg will find a wide-range of exclusive programming throughout the total lifestyle center designed to help every member of the family achieve their individual health and fitness goals. Life Time's newly launched indoor cycle program featuring AMP, EDG and PWR classes will fill the state-of-the-art Cycle Studio, and exclusive Signature Group Fitness classes such Warrior Sculpt, Strike!, and TCX, along with small group training programs such as Alpha and TEAM training will fill other studios and functional training spaces throughout the club.
"Our unique and personalized healthy way of life approach has resonated well in the Washington Metro Region since our first Life Time destination opened in Centreville in 2000," said Ken Corbett, general manager of Life Time Athletic Gaithersburg. "With the opening of this new total lifestyle center, and our first-class programming led by the industry's top performers, we are ready to serve Montgomery County residents and help them on their healthy way of life journey, while also actively supporting the community."
- Indoor and outdoor aquatics center with zero-depth entry pools, lap pools and water slides
- Five dedicated group exercise, cycle, Pilates and LifePower Yoga studios
- 400 pieces of best-in-class cardiovascular and resistance training equipment
- Two full-size indoor basketball courts, featuring Ultimate Hoops leagues and training programs
- Life Time's proprietary "Core 3 – Life Time Training Method," a science-based approach for long-term health and wellness success led by the industry's most highly certified fitness professionals
- Life Time Kids Academy, a unique membership program designed especially for kids from three months to 11 years, led by handpicked, certified experts (Life Time "gurus") committed to childhood development. Classes include everything from Spanish immersion and tumbling to music and karate
- LifeSpa, offering full-service hair, nail and skin care services and therapeutic massage, along with the latest Spa treatments
- LifeCafe, serving healthy food and beverages free of trans fats, bleached flours, and artificial flavors, colors, preservatives and sweeteners
Life Time Athletic Gaithersburg is the company's 122nd destination in the United States and Canada, and the first all-in-one sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa athletic resort in Gaithersburg.
Life Time operates six other locations in the Washington metro area, including Rockville, Columbia, Fairfax, Loudoun County, Reston and Centreville, the first destination to open in the region in January 2000. Hours of operation are 4:00 a.m. to midnight seven days a week. For more information about Life Time Athletic Gaithersburg, call1-855-430-5433 or visit www.lifetimefitness.com/en/clubs/gaithersburg-md/your-lt.html and facebook.com/LifeTimeAthleticGaithersburg
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
Life Time is a privately held, comprehensive health and lifestyle company that offers a personalized and scientific approach to long-term health and wellness. Through its portfolio of distinctive resort-like destinations, athletic events and corporate health services, the Healthy Way of Life Company helps members achieve their goals everyday with the support of a team of dedicated professionals and an array of proprietary health assessments. As of October 20, 2016, the company operates 122 centers in 26 states and 35 major markets under the LIFE TIME FITNESS® and LIFE TIME ATHLETIC® brands in the United States and Canada. Additional information is available at www.lifetimefitness.com.
SOURCE Life Time Fitness, Inc.