"Long-term health and wellness is a journey"
CHANHASSEN, Minn.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--As each new year unfolds, countless individuals set their sights on making resolutions to improve their lives. The most common among them? Weight loss and healthier eating. But by mid-February, researchers estimate approximately 30 percent of Americans already have scaled back or altogether given up on those well meaning resolutions. Who actually succeeds? A whopping 12 percent of us.
The Healthy Way of Life Company, Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE:LTM), aims to restore the good name of the resolution by helping its members achieve their goals once and for all with Commitment Day 2011. Set for February 12, Commitment Day marks the early registration kick off for more than 100 Life Time athletic events. Members at Life Time’s 90 healthy way of life destinations across 20 states will have the opportunity to register at significant savings:
- Register for five or more events and receive 50% off total registration
- Sign up for four events and receive 40% off
- Select three events, receive 30% off
- Pick two events and receive 20% off
- Register for one event and receive 10% off total registration
“Long-term health and wellness is a journey,” said Ken Cooper, vice president of Life Time Endurance and Athletic Events. “To keep goal achievement in constant focus, we believe success is about getting wins and having something to shoot for along the way. By committing to something specific like athletic events, people have the target they need for a sustained workout cycle. The secret is simple. Commit. Train. Participate in an event. Repeat. Life Time can help you the entire way.”
Proper education, guidance and motivation also contributes to the positive and sustained results. With this in mind, Life Time also is extending to consumers a range of discounted services at its centers on Commitment Day:
- Join Life Time and receive 50% off the first month of myCoach Personal Training or myCoach Nutrition Coaching, with a three-month commitment ($49.50 value)
- Purchase three pre-event massages and receive a post-event massage free
- Purchase select running apparel and gear at 10 to 30% off, receive a 20% discount on all 5K and 10K online training programs, and a 10 to 20% discount on all half-marathon and marathon training programs
- Receive 10% off select nutritional products from Life Time, Douglas Labs, DaVinci and First Endurance
- Receive 10% off LifeLab services, including heart rate monitors
- Sign up for any event that includes swimming and receive one free month of master’s swimming from Life Time Swimming ($35 value)
Not all events and service offers are available at every Life Time destination. For more information, including offer details, visit the Life Time Commitment Day guide online at http://www.commitmentday.com/.
About Life Time Fitness, Inc.
Life Time Fitness, Inc. (NYSE: LTM) is The Healthy Way of Life Company based in Chanhassen, Minnesota. The Company is dedicated to providing certified professionals along with comprehensive programs and services that help its members connect and engage with their areas of interest, and achieve success with their health and fitness goals. Life Time Fitness designs and operates distinctive, multi-use sports, professional fitness, family recreation and spa/resort centers that help members lead healthy and active lives. As of February 3, 2011, the Company operated 90 centers in 20 states and 25 markets. Additional information about Life Time Fitness centers, programs and services is available at lifetimefitness.com.